Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blissful

Right now it is nap time. Nap time is a beautiful time of day. I hope my kids nap as well as Isaac and Elijah do.

I am almost finished reading a whole series of books. It's the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. They're not great books and they have no depth to them at all, but they're an easy read and  they make me giggle sometimes. I finished a whole book yesterday. Thats one thing nap time is very good for. Reading.

On Friday, we went to the M1 Mall in Adana. It was very similar to the malls in the states. It had a movie theater and a food court and shops and it also had a huge arcade with a mini ferris wheel and water bumper boats and a swing ride and a huge play place with a ball pit. It was awesome. I walked around the mall by myself for a little while but I was too nervous to go in any stores. It's not that I didn't feel safe but I was nervous about the lack of communicating I would be able to do. I really need to start studying my Turkish. Wendi ended up going with me to Starbucks to help me get something to drink.

Today, we went to one of the largest mosques in the world. It was gorgeous. We didn't go inside because none of us were really dressed appropriately but around the outside of the mosque there was a beautiful park. I'm really glad we went. I got some great pictures that I will post soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Stephanie Plum series... Light reading that makes you giggle:) My favorite was the book with the crazy taxidermist;) Sounds like you are having an amazing adventure!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete